Today I just have some really good-looking photos and a great recipe for you. Unfortunately, after my wonderful visit back home in Germany over Christmas, I caught a cold and now I am just lying whiningly on the couch. But don’t you worry, I am sure I’ll be better soon and I already have the next detailed posts and great new things for 2018 in the making. I wish you all a wonderful party on the 31th of December, enjoy my delicious punch with winter spices and have a Happy New Year!
New Year's Punch With Winter Spices
- 1 bottle of apple juice
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine
- 6 oz cranberries
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 3 pieces of star anise
- 4 pieces of cloves
- rosemary (one branch per glass)
- Step 1 Pour the apple juice in a saucepan and put it on the stove. Cut the orange and apple into thin slices. Add them and the spices into the pot. Boil the mixture and turn off the stove. Add the cranberries and let the juice cool completely.
- Step 2 The basis of your punch can be prepared a day or two before the party if you keep it in the fridge (or outside if cold enough). This way the spices have time to infuse the juice with their amazing taste and the punch also has the perfect temperature when your guests arrive. If you like, use some sugar to give your punch an extra smooth taste. However, I’m completely satisfied with the sweetness of the apple juice.
- Step 3 Just before serving, pour the mixture into a beautiful carafe and add a bottle of your favorite sparkling wine over the mixture. Distribute the punch into glasses, decorate each with a branch of rosemary and enjoy. Cheers to a nice evening and a Happy New Year!